View Single Post
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 03:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Ladies? Where are you? How's everything going?

I had a rough week work wise...a ton of extra hours and long days. It was very difficult to get motivated to cook anything significant. Thank goodness for the stash of cabbage rolls and ground beef stroganoff in the freezer. I had a couple of nights where dinner for me was just yogurt, berries and protein powder.

Last night hubby decided to help me escape from the kitchen. Friday nights around here are difficult restaurant nights. Because this is cottage country, many people on their way thru to their summer places stop in for dinner. We had to go to 3 places before we found one without a long line. It was a chinese buffet. It used to have a great selection...good pickings for an LCer, and "real" food rather than battered shrimp, chicken balls, gooey red sauce and rice. It's gone lazy now and had very little quality buffet selection. We would have been better off ordering from the takeout menu. I picked around what I could, but that also included a few spring rolls. There must have been a lot of msg and salt in the food, because this morning I'm retaining a lot of water. My rings are tight and ankles swollen.

Have a clean start today, and hopefully will be able to do some more freezer cooking.

How's everyone else coping?