View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 18:34

Plan: Atkins- OWL/Pre-M
Stats: 165/144/140 Female 70 inches (5' 10")
BF:30%/19.28%/19%?
Progress: 84%

cindyclark,
Hi and welcome aboard!
Suggestions:
1. Use fitday .. it makes a difference in helping you plan your meals and making sure that your percentages are right.

2. Remember to subtract your fiber carbs ... once you do that with all the veggies you eat you will see that you're not nearly as high in the carb department as you think.

3. Cut the half and half out. Use heavy cream instead. It will really help you get your fat percentage up which is what you want your body to use for fuel.

4. Watch the processed meats ... the sausage .. they have hidden carbs many times. check the label. Remember it is best to get the majority of your carbs from your veggies.

5. Maybe be leary of the ham ... between the nitrates and the salt (happened to me ... gained 3 lbs eventhough everything else was pretty darn perfect) you could be retaining water.

6. Remember on induction that Atkins says that cheeses can be the cause of lack of weight loss during induction and that is why you're not suppose to have more than 3-4oz a day. (3-4oz isn't very much) Some people cut out or down on the cheese even more and have results.

7. Atkin says that caffeine should be excluded from induction as it causes insulin surges. I realize that most people don't give up their coffee. But, if you tweak here and there with other things it might be one of those last resort sort of things.

I keep my percentage of fat around 70% and I have definitely noticed that the higher my fat percentage the better I lose. To do this I use olive oil as my salad dressing, for cooking meat, heck, on just about anything. Gives me the extra calories and really helps to up my fat percentage.

If after some adjustments your'e still not getting results read the book about metabolically resistant individuals and see if you fit the description. You can also check here:
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-475820.html

Hope I've been of some help to you. Best of luck!
Lori