View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 15:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

If detoxification is really the aim. look for the book "The detox book : how to detoxify your body to improve your health, stop disease, and reverse aging". My good friend cured herself of Chronic Fatigue. In the course of that detox became a big thing - and the road to success. She and a group of like minded women all got better, trying everything they heard about, to support the body and eliminate toxins. After her years of recovery, she happened upon this book in the library. In every chapter it went about the same. The author started by saying there were alot of things you could do, but this is what we found to be the best - and it was invariably what my friends group also discovered by trial and error.

There is another book, I don't know the name of that is quite in depth and a lengthly committment. Neither suggests that detoxification will occur in 10 days.

I have done the Master Cleanser. I liked the drink and was able to stay on it easily, once I got past the carb and caffine withdrawl. I did it seven days and did not own a scale so can't say if I lost weight. I had a friend who did a really long fast, he was into meditation and had been to India. He said that after awhile he needed very little sleep, but the weirdest thing was this. You may or may not know that they used to put quick silver in some common childhood remedy. Around day 30 or something, he suddenly needed to "go". It was about 1/2 cup of quicksilver that his body eliminated. Wild, eh? Which goes to show, the body is pretty good and squirelling away that which it doesn't know what to do with. Many people believe that by following this or that regime, toxins would be eliminated. I don't think the best route is a fast.