#2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 12:39

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there, Toots.

To answer your questions:

1) Increased activities will often lead to a corresponding increase in appetite. It's normal and it's to be expected. You're doing more therefore you require more food. In your case, you were eating too little and that is probably just contributing to the increased hunger. Your body is now getting more of the fuel it needs and it's enjoying it. I would take it as a positive sign, especially since I notice you're down another lb

2) If you're worried about going overboard I would monitor my intake, just to reassure myself. This is new territory right now, but once it becomes familiar you'll know you can trust yourself with the increased intake. If you're hungry, by all means EAT! Eating beyond your RMR isn't what leads to gaining or stalling - eating beyond your total caloric deficit is. RMR is only 60% of total caloric needs. In fact, eating beyond your total calorie needs every once in a while isn't going to hurt you! It can actually help you. Those big calorie days help to convince the body that calories are not restricted and dieting isn't really happening. It also resets some hormones that fall when caloric intake is restricted (chiefly, leptin).

Keep up the good work, you're doing great
Nat