View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 06:53

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Both of my parents were very overweight and made my life a living hell when I started gaining weight in my teens. From the time I was little they would fill my plate with adult size portions then make me sit there until I finished it. Always had to clean my plate no matter if I liked what we were eating or not. I started gaining weight when I was about 13 and my dad and mom both started right in on me - you're fat, you're ugly - get on a diet and stick to - then put huge portions of food in front of me and made me eat it. Lots of baggage. Dad passed away about 11 years ago still overweight and suffering from insulin-dependent diabetes, kidney failure and cyrrhosis of the liver. Mom is still alive and suffers from Type II diabetes, high blood pressure and several other problems. She still puts huge mounds of food on her plate and makes sure she eats it all before she leaves the table.

I'm in control of my eating now. I am going to lose this weight and not kill myself doing so. I gained the last 40 pounds of this weight on low fat, high carb diets - they don't work. This WOL is working. It may be a little slow at times (didn't lose anything this week), but it IS working.