#10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 01:05
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

Hello voodaloo

Spooky timing. Just over an hour ago I made a new type of muffin using FibreX. I saw an ad for Splenda in a magazine and in the ad was a recipe for 'Pesto Muffins'. I subbed the sr flour with FibreX, left out the Splenda (the first batch with Splenda were horrible and sweet) and subbed the milk with cream and water. I thought they came out pretty good. They're a lot drier than the cheese and bacon muffins and even more bread like I think. Here's the recipe:

2 cups self raising flour (I used FibreX)
1/4 cup Splenda (I omitted this)
1 tsp baking powder (might need more)
salt and white pepper
1/2 cup basil pesto
1 cup milk (I used half water, half whipping cream)
1 egg
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 200C. Grease twelve 1/3 cup capacity muffin pans. Put FibreX, Splenda, baking powder, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Make a well in the centre and add pesto, milk (cream & water), egg and olive oil. Stir with a metal spoon until just combined. Do not overbeat or your muffins will be tough. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full of mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins feel firm when pressed in the centre and are evenly browned.

I only made half the mixture and haven't done the carb count yet. If you try them I'd be interested to know what you think and if you made any changes.