View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 21:53
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I've never heard of pork rinds inhibiting weight loss... unless you count water weight from the salt, or accidentally get ones with carbs in the seasoning.

Try keeping track of EVERYTHING you eat for the first few days in your journal. Your menu looks pretty good for starters, but sometimes I develop "snack amnesia" unless I write it down so I can enter it in the journal (Which I just started after a friendly nudge ...or two.. ) in the evening when I get online.

Even just the ACT of writing it in my little notepad can stop a snack in it's tracks. I think I feel more "responsible" for it then.

There's no question Atkins is easier to lose on than any other plan, but where I get into trouble is the mindset that it's a caloric free-for-all. I was fooling myself that I was doing as I was told by "upping my fat"... when in reality, while I was eating 20g or less, I was also eating close to 3,200calories a day!

That may have worked when I was physically active all night as a bartender, but now I'm at home with the kid, and not NEARLY as active. What I thought was a failure of the plan, was MY failure to realize I can't stuff myself, and while it's not a calorie-counting WOE, calories still count!

<sigh> I think I need to go have an argument with myself in my journal or something.

Best of luck!!