View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 14:50

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Human nature

I've watched myself and others "fail" in other programs, and basically, we quit doing what works because we don't realize that it matters. How many heart patients start out careful, exercise, quit smoking, the whole game, and gradually the old behavior comes back?

The trick, I think, is to come to understand how much of the things we do really MATTER. I wouldn't be surprised, I hope, when my teeth fell out, if I quit brushing and flossing every day. But I'm surprised when I gain weight when I quit using the stairs, and the gym, and walking the dogs, and eating what I know works.

And I know that insidious pound creep. If I woke up 20# heavier tomorrow, I'd probably take emergency action. But that's not what happens. It comes half a pound at a time, and I only really notice at closet-change time, when last year's summer dresses don't fit so I don't hang them up. Or when I wear sweats rather than jeans.

I haven't fallen off LC. I have regained tons of weight on other programs, mostly because they weren't sustainable. Hoping that between my being wiser and this WOE being sustainable, it will be different this time.

I'm even thinking of giving away my most-fat jeans. Not quite ready yet, though. Maybe I should set a year anniversary.