View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 10:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

I should have given this story of my other sister in my previous post. She had a gallbladder attack about 5 years ago. The doctor said she had a gallstone from a test, perhaps ultrasound. The doctor advised she have her gallbladder removed. When did a doctor ever pass up advising gallbladder removal? My sister delayed the operation to learn about alternative medical treatments. (Most doctors hate alternative medicine. I love Dr. Atkins because he always turned to alternative medicine first.) She tried a procedure. Perhaps it was similar to the one from Lancet. She has never had another gallbladder attack and has had no other gallbladder symptoms whatsoever.

Doctors have a strong bias against alternative medicine; the mortgage, the kids and their college education, a cruise to Alaska, etc. Never ask a used car salesman how good the car is and question a doctor's suggestion to rush to surgery.

Lancet is a world renown, highly prestigious medical publication. A flippant discharge of their information should not be done.

Certainly everyone has the decision for their own health, medical treatments and what they eat, and there are many erroneous recommendation from individuals and professional associations. We all know that by looking at the USDA Food Guide Pyramid.

Kent