View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 11:07
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I think that for me it is the fact that my cravings are under control and I don't have that need to cheat. I think that is what allowed me at first not to cheat even when the scale was barely moving during Induction.

I really want to lose this weight mainly for vanity reasons but also for my health, thought I don't have health problems yet but I am sure that if my weight continued to go up I would have.

I am losing weight and my clothes are big and I bought clothes that I want to fit into so that also motivates me. I want to be able to wear clothes without worrying if I look fat or what is bulging.

I have also read posts from people who had cheated especially when I first started and most, if not all, regretted it so this strengthened my resolve not to cheat.

I was also losing slowly at first I guess from my past yoyo dieting habits so I did not want to slow my weight loss down even further but cheating.

I think this site helps tremendously especially at the beginning with all the information, support and encouragement so staying close to it has helped tremendously. Thanks to the posts of people like Wanda, Jones, Paleoanth, Viv, Paradise, Atlee, Kathy54, Alina, Fairchild, Tofi, LisaN, etc. the journey has been easier.

Tina, you can do this. Kill the cravings at the beginning by staying away from sugar substitutes and anything else that might keep them alive and you have won half the battle.

Good luck.

Peace
red