View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 10:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wanda, I thought you were referring more to the cadio than the weight lifting. The same general idea applies - you set your own person best, but instead of focussing on intensity at the outset I would say focus on good form. This is the best way to ensure you do not injure yourself - and watch out for the shoulder, it's a delicate joint and past injuries can come back to haunt you. If it's a rotator cuff injury I would avoid a few specific shoulder exercises, like lateral raises and upright rows done very close to the body.

As for limiting fruit - sometimes, othertimes not. I use low glycemic berries when I LC and that's about it - it's more of a personal choice / convenience than anything. When I eat a la BFL I use apples, grapefruit, berries, pears and when I'm feeling naughty, grapes. But it's never a large serving and it's always with protein. I just don't like really sweet fruits anymore. I think I read 50g of fructose on a carb up to replentish liver glycogen as a limit, after that it's 'excessive'. 50g is a lot of fruit, so I wouldn't obess.

Cheers,
-N