View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 07:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi there
Just found you guys and was so happy to see others in my neck of the woods. Have read all the messages.
Judi you are not fat!! Do not let anyone tell you so.
I think what is happening to you is a bit of culture shock. I went through a period where I felt like everyone was against me or would be talking about me be behind my back, had a pity party for awhile but then something snappped inside. I just said to hell with you and I will make my life the way I want. I started to take more control of my life and making sure I was in the for front and not standing in the background. Sure the language gets me frustrated as hell..many more people speak English and understand you even when they say they don't. Hold on ,hold your head tall look people in the eye..that in it's self lets people know you are in control. Also consider this when you go out think how you are dressed..it is many times than not the way you dress that impresss people. Many people look at clothes as a social status..if you have items on from the U.S. many people are envious of this. When I wear jeans many look at me untill DH told me it was the jeans they were impressed with. It is not easy to get well made clothes here for large people that do not look like old women or tents. Berlin ,by the way is considered one of the most conserative cities in Germany..so blah to them all I say.
One thing to remeber Germans "hate to feel inferior" they go out of their way to find fault with anyone and everything. If you can over look this and laugh at it I think you have the battle more than have won. OMG I am rambling...
Here is a link to buy Da Vinci Syrups ..non wholesale
www.kaffeeshop24.de
look under aromasirup..they do not have all the SF flavors but if we all keep asking I bet they will carry more flavors. By the way I am an Expat from Washington State
So glad to have found you all.
Happy LCing!!,

Pattie