View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 03:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Default Hoi Dana!!!

Mij Nederlandse is niet zo goed. Ik vind dat het is HEEL MOEILIJK!!! Ik kan niet het woorden vind..........vaak! Schrijven in Nederlandse is meer moielijk dan praten. Dus, ik wil schrijf in Engels! Misschien voor altijd! lol

Seriously, I find the grammar VERY difficult. I think part of it is this horrible course the gemeente requires me to take since I am now a resident of the Netherlands. Plus, I think Belgian Dutch aand Netherlands Dutch are somewhat different. Not terribly. Or do you not speak Flemish??? You can always write to me in Dutch...please..nothing long. lol I have a SHORT attention span. If it isl long, write in English. hehehehe My reading skills are pretty good and I am learning the grammar....slowly...but I am still terrified to speak. And I think I will never write Dutch well. But, I hear that for non-native speakers, writing Dutch is really impossible.

Your English is EXCELLENT! I would never guess (at least from your writing) that you aren't a native speaker......And, I think writing English is also different when it is not your native tongue. My husband often has to send documents he writes in English for work to me...so I can correct the grammar. Usually it is pretty ok, but his choice of words are sometimes not ones that are really the best. You know? Anyway, if you want to write me in Dutch sometime feel free. It'll be our ssecret code. lol Apparently there are no other Dutch speakers here.....I will respond in English...especially now that I have embarrassed myself with my crappy Dutch writing!

Hugs to you!
Char