View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 21:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285.4/278.2/170 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 6%

I first saw the LC RS's in Walgreens...it was displayed with the other LC items...the SF was displayed in the candy aisle w/ the SF candies...and right by the pharmacy pick-up window...for all those diabetics who'll be getting their prescriptions filled.

Go into almost any store (grocery or retail)...let's say you're in the "cereal" aisle...look around you...sitting there, seemingly out-of-place, you're apt to see displays of "kiddie" spoons/bowls, toys, candy, anything a kid might start screaming at Mom to buy. Now, who do you see in the aisle??? Mom and the kids...

This is not due to sloppy management...this is called MARKETING, and if you're in the retail business, it's essential...

Russell Stover just jumped on the LC band wagon...taking two markets with the same product. Although I hate it, from a marketing/management standpoint, it's bloody brilliant!

It wouldn't suprise me if, pretty soon, you see the different pricing vanish altogether...hook the consumer and them reel him in! You want the product bad enough, you pay the price.

60s