View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 18:55

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268.4/207.9/154 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 53%
Lightbulb my dinner of chicken kiev,, this is worth the read!! NO CARBS KIEV

I went to my butcher the other day and saw the yummy crumbed big fat and juicy chicken kiev`s,,,you know the ones stuffed with garlic butter and then crumbed with bad bad bread crumbs,,, so I asked ,,``do you make those here``?,,,,,,
``of course we do`` came the reply.... (lol,,opps) ...
``Can you make me one stuffed with all that yummy garlic and butter but not crumb it``?
``Sure not a problem I am boneing the chickens today,,,come back in say and hour`` he said
``I will be here with bells on,, may I have 3 please``? I pleaded
``sure,,see you soon`` he replied

I picked up my `not` crumbed chicken kievs (well hubby did,,,,and he was a little more than unimpressed by the state of the kievs with no crumbs,, ) the butcher tied them with butchers string like on roasts to hold them together.

I popped them into a pan and pan fried them till starting to go gold and crunchy,,,all the butter and garlic was running out and they were going crispy,,,, I then popped them into a baking tray with all the juices of butter and garlic and baked in the oven till they were to my liking of golden brown..... I had them with steamed vegetables and the butter/garlic in the baking tray went great like a sauce for the top of the chicken and vegetables...

I see you will all be running to the butchers asking the same thing now,,,lol,,,, its worth it i tell you!!!!
good luck..... best dinner i have had in a long time,,,,, and as for garlic breath,,,,,WHO CARES! dinner was devine!
Sponsored Links