View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 18:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/217/160
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks Karen and Steph 44.Hey Karen, I love your stats: What me worry. I am Alfred E. Neuman's twin sister theoretically. I was born when he was born, but he's thinner. HAHAHA. (But I'm prettier.) Steph: I agree. The diets are similar. Here's a big difference. SBD lets you have BEANS. Beans are great source of fiber. And after 2 weeks, you can have a lot more fruit, but it's still low carb. The basis is low carb. I'd say the big difference is in Atkins there is all that CREAM and BUTTER and stuff. Since I have no gall bladder, if I have all that fat, I throw up at night, so I suppose it's a no brainer for me. SBD here I come. Also, the doctor who did SBD was more advanced than Atkins and talks about the blood vessels and damage that fat does. I buy all that. I HAVE to buy all that since my family has all but perished from heart disease. My problem is continually the same:

1. I take a bunch of meds that I believe hamper my progress including birth control pills.
2. I have hormonal issues (which is why I'm taking them) which hampers my progress.
3. Most of all, my bowels have never functioned on a daily basis (so I think it's best for me to have fruit/fiber, etc.)

EVEN WITH ALL THAT, I have little faith of anything working. I've been doing these things for months and years and little progress. It's true, I'm not a total wreck and I've gone down in weight, but I haven't broken 200 since I had baby #2 and she's in 10th grade. After baby #1, I was at 160 after going on the Diet Center Diet.

All of those diets that I did before I was 35 (Diet Center, Atkins, Weight Watchers, everything) STOPPED WORKING after my second baby. ALL OF THEM.

Furthermore, I've been identified by a nutritionist as likely to have Syndrome X (or whatever it is called) and for that reason, I do need a little fat in my diet to keep the blood sugar up and in the air (like a ball!)

I long for a doctor or someone who can give me the key who can unlock this mess.

Mesnwhile, it's SBD. I don't give up myself, but I wish I had some professional help. Mostly, I'd be happy to go in the hospital and be fed intravenously for a month.

Oh yes, and exercise, I do it. A lot. I swim. I do the elliptical trainer. I do yoga A LOT. I walk. One of my friends just lost A LOT of weight and she did A LOT of exercise-- one hour a day. I don't know if I could sustain that at once, but maybe in 2 30 minute gigs.

THOUGHTS, guys? Help.

mellly 50