Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 12:02
Lost the Plot

Plan: Charles Clark
Stats: 285/285/217 Male 72 inch
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Carbcutter,

Sorry for the delay in this post.

Lets see if l can put how l use Fitday into words.

First l only use fitday to record - (1) my weight loss and how l'm doing against my goal date. (2) Daily food record.

Ok lets have a go at entering a custom food - Fresh Mayo.

1. - In the " add custom " field, select New Custom Food, then Click on the GO icon.
2. - Give the food a name, eg Fresh Mayo - Morrisons 250g
3. - ln the Serving Size field enter 100
4. - From the dropdown menu, select Grams
5. - Now we just fill in the Nutrition facts taken off the label ( LEAVE FIBER BLANK ), also leave lower section blank as the label dosen't give details.
6. - To check for any hidden carbs change the cals value to a very low one.
7. - Now press the " Save Custom Food " button. The system will put a message up to say the sums don't work and gives its calculated value. You can then check this against the label.
8. - Now put the correct cals value back and save the food.

So for my Mayo the figures for a 100g serving workout as :-

Cals - 730
Total Fat - 80.1g
Saturated Fat - 5.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat - 0g
Monounsaturated Fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 0
Sodium - 300mg
Potassium - 0

Total Carbohydrate - 1.6g
Dietary Fiber - LEAVE BLANK
Protein - 1.6g
Alcohol - 0

As a check when cals = 50 was entered Fitday reported that there should be atleast 731 cals ( only 1 out so no hidden carbs ).

l tend not to use Fitdays own produce as like most uk folk, cups are confusing and l dont know all the different cuts of meat and cooking methods. l just use a good Carb, Fat, Cals book and enter everything in the custom section.

As has been said in another thread doing it this way means l can call up the " All Custom Foods " which produces a full list and l can select all the days foods with one click. on returning just amend the portion size numbers and check that all the units are correct. Fitday has a bad habit of defaulting to 1 oz.

Hope this makes some sense.

Steve