Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 11:09
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist
Hey, guys! I haven't quit but I had to take some time off. I had to reorganize my office, get the kids ready for school around the same unfortunate time I hit a physical wall with BFL. I'm going to pick up where I left off mid-week. I've planned for Wednesday so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Arnie, thanks so much for the encouragement! I don't want to quit but, yes, I did find it a bit overwhelming all of a sudden. It was weird, I'd just started to get excited about my workout time, everything was set up and BOOM, there I was loathing it again! Then I had lots of 'reasons' to take a break. Odd, but I never expected NOT to go back to it, just a matter of WHEN. How'd ya know?

Sarah, I'm so glad you're about to start again!!

Hi Optimist,

I'm glad you're going to start again. My fingers are crossed.

I think that's normal for a lot of people (like me) to start and stop at first. It's a big change. It's funny, it really doesn't take much time to do it, but I can spend hours thinking about it. I spend more energy thinking about it in my head then actually doing it. I think that's what makes it hard when your starting out. As you progress it takes up less space in your head.

My suggestion is that if you hit a wall again and find yourself loathing it, spew it all out here and then it won't be trapped running around in your mind anymore.

Arnie