#11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 10:56

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtuamor22
Ok, I was heavily working out daily in the beginning of August with running almost everyday. I slacked off almost 2 weeks of no exercise, and now I started up again as of yesterday. Some days I really stick to eating low carb/high fat, and other days I just cheat and eat cookies.

How can it be that i have LOST weight, yet my clothes still fit tight and I have a slight (and I do mean slight) belly?

I'm so confused...........
I think the thing that was missed here is that the weight went down while the clothing stayed tight. While muscle does not weigh more than fat it does take up less volume than fat does - replacing fat with muscle will leave you weighing the same but occupying less space, just as replacing muscle with fat can leave you the same (or lighter) but occupying more space.

Also, keep in mind that carbs attract water - to the tune of 3 to 4grams of water per gram of carbs, if you've had a few cheats that can translate into lbs on the scale. These water gains will make you feel bloated and make your clothing tight - and they can show immidiately afterward, or many hours later. They can also last quite a few days.

I'd bet my money on a combination of the cheating, the bloating, perhaps a little fat gained and a faulty scale. Keep the water intake up and stick to the plan and get a new scale

-Nat