#12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 09:36
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 185/163/165 Male 72 inches
BF:na/12%/na
Progress: 110%

Christine-
I was away for the weekend, but my wife was home and saw that he was coming on and was able to tape it. I got a chance to watch it last night. Dr. B looked great. The interview started out briefly talking about how he was one of the first to check his blood sugars and that lead him to discover how carbo's and his diet effected his BS, and then went on to explain that he promotes a low carb, high protein diet in his new book. The part I did not like is when they introduced the person with the counter point of view, as a "diabetic expert". In my opinion Dr B is a diabetic expert, but they just introduced him as a type one diabetic. They did not explain that he his indeed a doctor specializing in the treatment of diabeties. The counter point was about how a high protein diet produces toxins from the body using fat and protein as energy when sufficient carbo's are not eaten(of course we know this is BS). She than went on to explain how diabetics are suseptable to coronary heart disease, and that they need a low fat, high carbo diet to prevent this( again BS). They then mentioned recent study's that showed a low carb, high protein diet indeed helps lower blood sugars with out adversley effecting lipid profiles. It concluded with Bernstein stating that he eats red meat, and two eggs a day and that his lipid profiles where better than 95-99% of non diabetic doctors in his part of the country. Overall it was a good segment, however only so much can be covered in a three minute piece.

Mark