View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 04:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168.8/168.8/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

No patches or any other type of help. I work in a doctor's office so if I need anything, they'd make sure I had it. I've even had 2 patients tell me that I inspired them to quit.

If I had to chose between gaining weight or dying, gaining weight would win hands down.

I emailed my sister on the day I quit, and I'm going to enclose it here. I used the subject line "Decided I wanted to live."

Here it is, uncensored:

Ok, let's face it. We both have bad habits. You like to eat, and I like to smoke. But you know what, the scare the other day made me look at life differently. I've decided I want to live, and not die from heart failure. And since it runs so strong in our family, I've made my choice.

This morning at 7:30, I decided enough is enough so I didn't wait for my deadline (2:30 this afternoon), I smoked what I hope to be my last cig.

Didn't it scare you? Think about it Sue, you have more on this earth than I do. If I went, my girls would be without a mom. If you went, your kids/grandkids would be without a mom/grandmom. So, you stand to lose more than me.

Guess from now on, it's going to be strictly willpower. Dr. S. said the first 2-3 weeks are the worse, but today has been horrible for me. It's like time has stood still. I bought grapes for whenever I get the "urge", and I'm drinking more water today than I would all week long.

It's your call. And, I'm not preaching!!

Love,
sister