View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 04:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

I felt like death for the first 7-10 days Katy... I felt sick, my head was killing me, I felt like I was coming down with flu... oh boy was I scared I'd done the wrong thing going on the diet!

Stick with it and, as others have said, keep drinking the water, and keep eating within the rules. It does get better... much better! I've all but kissed five years of crippling ME goodbye in under a month, not to mention the weight coming off and the energy coming back on...

Those first few days of misery are, as you know, just the carbohydrate junkie in you going in to withdrawal. It's horrible, but with wonderful results... I actually feel physically sick if you stand me near cakes or bread for too long now! I never thought that day would happen!

As for WW... to be honest, if carbohydrates are the heroine of this diet, to me WW are the fanatical religious cult who lure you in and get you trapped till you're utterly dependent on the "family" they provide.

Brings a "run, don't walk..." gut reaction from me every time I hear about them.

You're at the hardest bit... congratulate yourself for having the willpower to even get to day two! And keep focusing on the days when all the withdrawal symptoms have gone and you have nothing but the benefits to light your way.