View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 04:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Default Hi Judi and Dana

Well, I am back on here before going to the Slagerij and picking up some nice spare ribs to cook on the grill tonight. This diet sound sgood right now! hehe Plus, my hubby is endulging me. I told him I longed for a fat, bloody t-bone. He told me to get one of those too!!! Damn Dutch...they don't eat much steak, hence you cannot find it in the grocery store...only in the butcher shops! Whatever....I am eating one soon! lol

You know, Dana, you are so right about the US. Jesus....I never realized how many FAT Americans there are....And not just fat, but severely obese. We were at Disney World and I was SHOCKED at how large so many people were...especially women. There is no way many of them could have gotten onto most rides, ridden on planes or trains. It was really a wake up call to me. Maybe I was desensitized in the US...but here, women are tall and slender and you rarely ever see a "fat" person! The US REALLY has an epidemic of obesity. And, since living here, LOTS of Europeans have said that America is known for harboring fat people......I never knew! I never get stared at here I don't t hink. But, I think I am lucky enough to have a prettir than average face (so people say) and I dress really carefully and usually pretty nice. So....I am at least not sloppy.

As for your observations of Germany, Judi, I am surprised. I have never been to Berlin and am not familar wiht Northern Germany....But, I am familiar with Southern Germany and see it on the news frequently here. Plus, North Holland is a huge vacation getaway for Germans. I think Germany also has a weight issue. BIG TIME. And, people here say the same things about Germans as they do Americans. In fact, friends from all over Europe tell me that ever European talks about how fat the Germans are. Of course, not ALL Germans.....but I guess compared to the rest of Europe. But, I have to say, I see plenty of emaciated looking girls here that could use a big hunk of cake!!! Having a 4 inch gap between your thighs isn't pretty no matter what ANYONE says!

No matter where you are, I find being fat is MISERABLE. And, I don't care if people stare, I am never looking anyone in the eye anyway...not even MYSELF! I have never been so "corpulent".

I am DYING to shed this fat person who ate me and be THIN again!!! Thank God for Atkins and things like these boards. I am feeling like I have a shot at being thin again for the first time in years. And, at 34, it's TIME! I always said I wanted to be in Playboy by 35...just for the giggles of doing it. Maybe I really can! hehehehehe.

OK. I am DEFINITELY going to try to find someone to help me get a petition togehter and do the hyperlinks.....then, I am going to circualte it. Maybe we can get Atkins here...even if only to England. Anyone up for a weekend trip to get supplies? hehehehe

I look forward to talking to you two soon. You can still email me also at the email I left earlier. And, a few more posts and I can start PMing! YEE HAAAAW!

Charlotte