View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:43

Plan: don't know yet
Stats: 208/195/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Jan,

Are you using patches or gum or anything? I tried a number of times cold turkey. I appear to people to be very laid back, but in fact, all my nervous energy goes into smoking. So when things get rough, it gets extremely hard not to run to the store for cigs.

Another thing that scares me is, last time I tried to quit, the urge to smoke and the cravings were so terrible! I was off cigs for about a week so the nicotine should have been gone from my system. But the cravings were "vicious." I don't even know how to describe it... even when I gave in and started smoking again, it was like I just couldn't get enough. This went on for about 6 months, where I smoked almost constantly and still felt like it wasn't enough. So now I'm smoking more than ever before, and it all started with trying to quit!

So the thought of quitting and gaining weight, and the thought of those vicious nicotine cravings and ending up smoking more, are pretty terrifying to me.

Really have to give you a lot of credit for quitting the way you did! How is your brother doing now?

Jean