#6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde11995
if anyone has this problem or can give me suggestions on what to do to at least allieviate some of the pain that would be great.

Hi Candi

I used to dance for a living, and a lot of dancers can end up with this problem (fallen arches) if they're not careful.

One exercise we were given is frustrating as hell when you first try it, but does really help strengthen (and thus lift) the muscles under your foot.

Stand barefoot on the floor and put a sheet of A4 paper in front of your toes (do one foot, then the other). Okay... now all you have to do, using a kind of caterpillar motion with the underside of your foot, is move that paper under your foot till it comes out at your heel. It'll take practise I warn you... but it'll really help keep your foot in better shape too.

As does lots of ballet points: essentially sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you, now point your toes forward and use the muscles under your feet to pull your toes as close to the floor as you can, with as smooth a line as possible from the ankle over the top of the foot.

Go easy at first or you'll just end up with cramp!

Do both of these regularly and you should find it starts to help.