View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 09:06
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

When I first started I was extreamly strict, no cheats or even questionables at all. After a couple of months I let the success go to my head and I decided to allow myself an off meal. I at LC for the meal, but had a high carb alcoholic drink and a dessert. The drink was good and I may have another for my birthday celebration (after I reach goal) but the dessert wasn't as good tasting.

I've also learned there is a difference between cheat and a comprimise. There is a chocolate cheesecake torte that I have been dying to try. For months I had to resist the urge to buy a whole one. Well one day they had little bits of it as a free sample. I picked one up and had two small bites. It was overly sweet and left a nasty aftertaste. I threw the rest away and had absolutly no guilt. Two very small bites probably didn't throw me too far off and it saved me from buying a full one and possibly eating a whole piece or more. Yersterday I ordered the Zuppa at olive garden and just had a few bites of broth and the sausage. It satisfied my urge for some, without throwing me too far off. The broth may of had a few carbs, but not getting the soup at all would of made me overly grumpy and possibly would of had me over indulge on something else.

Yes these small things may of slowed my weight loss down. I see them as better alternatives then going way off plan, and I fully knew they would slow me down or stop me. As long as people are willing to accept the concequences of food choices, and they know what triggers craving or binges, then I don't think there are cheats. There are just good choices, ok choices, and poor choices. If someone continually makes poor choices, then they shouldn't get upset when the scale no longer moves.