View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 05:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%

HI Zcereal....

Sounds like you are really working on your Atkins WOE. Congrats. I am new to this as well, however I have been reading, reading reading for MONTHS. Worcestershire sauce is definitely a no no on induction. As someone previously stated, it has 3g of carbs per tbs. One tbs = almost 1/5 of daily intake. Limes and lemons are fine in your water if you cannot drink it "strainght". Just remember that one tbs of juice is 1 carb and add it. Better still is a SMALL slice of fresh lime or lemon in the water...gives it a slight taste of citrus without so much carb. Also, Atkins says citrus juice like this CAN slow weight loss...but not always.

As for your burgers. I LOVE ketchup too...but I gave it up. It was HARD, HARD, HARD....now it is EASY PEASY! It has LOADS of sugar and once you quit all of it, you don't want it. Really. Try this on your burgers: I use Montreal Steak Seasoning (LOADS)....it has 0 carbs....is WONDERFUL!!! I fry my burgers in olive oil (just a touch....gives me some heart healthy fat), melt cheese on top in the pan, smear it with mayo and then I stack it on a plate with LOADS of thinly sliced oinons (I usually HATE them, but this gives SO much flavor!) add a really thin slice of tomato and man oh man is that GOOD eating. A side of salad and you have a wonderful meal!!! You won't even MISS the ketchup...I promise. It is my favorite meal besides fresh salmon on spinich in garlic olive oil! : ) I love Atkins....For me, 5.5 pounds in 7 days...and I cheated the first 2 days.

Best of Luck!!!!