View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 00:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/136.5/125 Female 159 cm
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Holiday cheat and massive weight gain!

I know it's my own fault .........

I've been on holiday in France. I started off pretty well, sticking to Atkins. But as the holiday wore on, I decided that this is only a once a year thing, I would eat what I liked for a few days. I hadn't been able to carry much food, and I was fed up having to eat a only few nuts for breakfast, instead of the croissants [there wasn't any cheese or anything suitable on offer for breakfast]. I had taken along some Atkins bars, but you know ....... a choice of a yucky Atkins bar, or freshly baked French bread and pastries?

So for just under a week, I've been eating 'normally'. I still didn't eat a huge amount of carbs with main courses, but I did give in to the croissants and pastries, and the occasional desert. It was great at the time - I really enjoyed the food and felt so much better than usual! I was pretty active on holiday and it was great to have the energy to do that!

However, I've gained ....... wait for it ....... 8 lb over the past few days! I'm pretty sure that almost of all it must be water, as I wasn't eating a huge amount of calories. I'm thinking of going back to induction for a few days to kick of ketosis again, and hoping that the diuretic effect of the diet will drop most of the 8 lb. Has anyone else experienced a huge weight gain like this, and do you have any tips on what to do about it?
Sponsored Links