View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 22:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285.4/278.2/170 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 6%

The one "cheat meal" I've had was planned for over 2 weeks. I'd decided that if the scale had not moved by a certain day, then I would try to "carb-shock" my system. I ended up eating about 126 carbs for the entire day. I was told later that a "carb-shock" would have been closer to 500 carbs in one day (GASP!). Oh, well...the scale started moving again anyway (coincidence probably).

I felt no guilt whatsoever over this meal...it was GREAT! Immediately after supper (the planned meal), I went straight back to lc. The next day, I was still in ketosis...all was well!

Earlier this week, I was in a meeting in Pensacola...no lc food. I had 1/2 cup macaroni salad and 1/2 cup coleslaw with my meal...it was great, too. As before, still in ketosis the next day.

I think a lot of folks worry over every single morsel that passes their lips (I was one at first)...maybe some folks need to (YMMV, etc)...but I've finally learned that as long as I eat wisely and more often that I did when I first started lc (I eat 4 to 5 small meals a day now), I keep losing those inches...the lbs will follow when my body decides it's OK to let them go.

Just my thoughts...

60s