#14   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 14:11

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%
Smile Greetings!

Hey Pylon!

There are way more ladies here than men, but we are a presence here. I'd say maybe 10%. Also as guys we do tend to lose quickly, but as I've found out we can gain quickly too. I've lost then indulged in the carbs and gained it all back.... so the lesson learned here is carbs are what put the weight on, you go off carbs, and lose it, but be sure to follow Dr. Atkins plan when adding back carbs, cause if you don't carbs are really insidious and addictive and they will creep back in with a vengence and before you know it BAM the fats back! lol

Another thing you'll find with exercising and carb restriction is you'll start bonking. Your energy level will drop as your body loses it's glycogen stores, so lot's of us that really work out either do CKD (Cyclical Ketonic Diet) there's a thread on it.... or some other form of slightly higher carb intake, just remember that carbs are the key, restrict them, the weight comes off, just balance the exercise and carb restriction, you'll certainly feel it if you listen to your body!

later,