View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 12:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%

HI there! I am so gladf to hear from you!!!! WOW! You drug your Dutchy back to the US...good for you. There's lots I can say about living here...some good and much NOT. EVen my husban dis fed up with some aspects of the culture he hadn't recognized till marrying a "buitenlander" (foreigner). I'll have to tell you about my experiences here sometime OFF the message boards. Email or when I am able, private messaging. Suffice it to say that it has been most difficult fo rme here in MANY ways...especially professionally. I see you are an art teacher...I was a substitute teacher in Reading, English, Special Ed and Social Studies in the DC area while I was in Acupuncture school. I loved subbing but could never be full time...too much crap from the school boards!!! Anyway, I am working hard on this diet. You are right...the cheese is EXCELLENT. But, my best friend here has a husband who is a baker......the best one in my town......he is ALWAYS bringing us treats and delicious sunflower bread....I no longer can have.

We are in Hoorn, 20 minutes northeast of Amsterdam, near Enkhuizen. It's wonderful living in a town by the inner lake of the Neth. I LOVE water...right place for me right?

Anyway, NO low carb stuff here, but I am thinking of contacting Atkins to ask about starting a distributer in Europe. That would be cool, huh? For now, I am having stuff delivered to the US and brought over by packmule (my friends) or shipped the lowest cost wat. Not much...just Advantage and Morning Start...which I will use almost NEVER.....But, I am quite busy and travel some her, so I guess one of those is better than a "Broodje met kass" (bread with cheese)! lol

Feel free to email me on yahoo...same name as here....*****
Look forward to hearing from you again!

Char