View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 11:53

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Charlif!

It was so nice to read your message!!! I am in a similar situation as you but in reverse. My husband is also Dutch from Spijkenisse, near Rotterdam, but he moved here to Chicago so we are living here now.

I totally understand about the no weight problems in Holland. When I visited him for a few months at a time before we got married, I think I was the biggest person everywhere I went!! And his mother did make potatoes every night for dinner and bread was breakfast and lunch!! You are very strong to resist all that delicious temptation there! I know when we go back to visit his family I don't now if I will be able to keep all the delicious bakery and chocolate away! And yes doesn't that chocolate spinkles with butter on a croissant taste delicious!

As for the bars I don't think you are missing out on much to be honest they don't taste that good and they tend to stall a lot of people.

One thing I do like about Holland is the delicious cheeses they have there. mmmm we do not have cheese like that here.

Well anyways good luck on your low carb journey! It was nice to hear from a Dutch connection!