#6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 10:28
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

NUTS!

Oh gosh, where to start. Nuts effect me the same way...kinda like Lays, no one can eat just one. They don't send me into a severe craving like say breads and sweets, but they do have some effect on my cravings. So here is the deal.
First off, its not about the calories. Calories are your friend and better left uncounted till you run into a stall and need to evaluate your diet to see if you've under or over done something. Example, its a GREAT thing to find a salad dressing that is 17G of fat per TBSP and 160 cals!
So the calories in nuts isn't a big deal. However, they do have carbs. But also offer protein, and many wonderful fats and other health benefits. So how to include this without over-doing it?

Well, first you need to determine if they are seriously becoming a problem. If they are, I'd suggest cutting them out completely for a couple of weeks. Secondly, I NEVER EVER buy a can of nuts from the store. I buy a convience store package that contains maybe 2 ozs. Once they are gone, they are gone. I treat nuts on Atkins, like my treat. Same way I treat colas. Its not part of my everyday consumption. I have found that anything I like so much I'd rather pop in my mouth rather than eat my veggies n meats, is something to put a red flag on. It will eventually cost me and I just don't want a nut that bad.

Good luck, hope this helped.

PS If you are on induction, which I am currently ...nuts are not allowed.