#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 10:23
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Unhappy yesterday was my first cheat (sort of) :o

Up until now, the only time I "cheated" was on a hot day, when I was severely dehydrated and felt I was about to pass out. I had been doing a lot of exercise and was away from home. So, fearing the consequences of not "cheating", I had a few licks of a lollipop and an apple to get me back up. I don't really count this experience as cheating since I didn't give into any temptations (I did not desire the food I ate), and only did it out of a perceived medical necessity.

But, yesterday was my first real cheat. The fam decided to buy chinese, my #1 MAJOR weakness. I ordered bbq spare rib tips, and told the guy taking my order i was diabetic, so don't put any sauce, sugar, or cornstarch of any kind on them. (i figure if they think its for a health reason they actually will listen )
Well, the ribs get here and I noticed they have a reddish coating; they didn't have a goopy sauce, but clearly were marinated in something. I took a small taste, and tasted sugar. ()
I asked others to taste and see if they detected sugar, and got varying answers, some said yes and others said no (the answer I WANTED to hear).

So, I let my weakness get the best of me, going against my gut instinct, I decided to have a few of the ribs . I was on my fourth or fifth one when i started to get that carby feeling... it is almost like breathing too much oxygen. It was then when I realized what I was doing, and pushed them away. I was major pissed at myself, I knew from the beginning that there was probably sugar on them but I purposely chose not to listen. I gave in to temptation . Later I felt pretty sleepy, as expected, but luckily I did not go out of ketosis so damage was very minimal . Actually, the next day my clothes felt a little bigger so it wasn't a total disaster.

Up until now I always thought I was above giving in to food temptations... how naive. Now I know I really have to watch my tendency to justify and facilitate cheating, as I did in this case.
Sponsored Links