View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 10:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Exclamation Calling All Buddies...a New Member

Hi All. I am an AMerican living in the Netherlands...North Holland, 20 miles NE of Amsterdam. I just started Atkins 6 days ago and my Dutch husband is SO supportive. Just today I saw salt and vinegar Pringles...which I have NEVER seen here. I begged him to buy them for a 20 pound loss celebration! lol How embarrassing! But, he said no and our marriage is stronger for it I think! I just have a few problems.....

Here in Holland it seems as if there is virtually NO weight problems. The women are tall and VERY slender for the most part. How horrible. I cannot wear ANY of the clothes! And, they eat so much darn bread and potatos! I cannot BELIEVE it! And, well, the sweets are unbelievable....Believe what they say about Belgian chocolates...we have TONS here. These people (including my hubby) eat chocolate sprinkles on bread for breakfast, lunch, snacks...EVERYTHING! Unbelievable that they aren't all HUGE.

So, since they are not, it is virtually impossible to find things to help me with this way of eating...besides whole fresh food. They ARE best, but sometimes you are on the go and an Atkins Bar would be nice! The only diet product I have found marketed here is Slimfast! EWWWW! The sugar...the CARBS! (It is a Unilever product and Unilever is Dutch...they HATE ATkins and Lo Carb because it is KILLING their Slimfast line everywhere but Europe!)

I have looked everywhere and cannot find Atkins followers here either. I think Atkins is almost totally unheard of here in "continental" Europe. I need BUDDIES!!!! Anyone want to help me???

OK..I am finished. I had to get this out. I look forward ot some replies. If you cannot Private Message me....and I have had some problems.....feel free to email at ***********
Charlotte
Sponsored Links