Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadFl
lburnikell,

"They" are not responsible for our choices. I am sure if you search your heart your obesity is not because someone did not accept you for your size. Don't confuse body image with self image.

It's not fair that people don't accept or like obesity. This has been going on for centuries. What alternative do we have? Stop being the victim and hiding behind the fat.

She wasnt blaming anyone for her obesity but herself. Still, thats not to say others are blameless. She is putting blame where blame is due: cruel, immature, classless people who insult those who dont conform to aesthetical norms and as a result of their "fun", they do profound psychological damage at anothers expense.

I think you are being very insensitive. If you were in such a situation, you would understand why she feels as she does, and agree with her.
I lived my entire childhood being taunted because of my weight. The isolation from my peers I could sort of handle as I am introverted by nature, but the intense feeling of rejection and feelings of worthlessness just wrecked me inside. The teasing was so bad, at 12 i considered suicide, laying in bed hoping i would die. I developed intense social phobia and gutter level self esteem as a consequence. I became a shut in in my late teens. Deeply depressed, eating was one of the only things that gave me any enjoyment. A chubby kid became a morbidly obese adult.

I know I have personal responsibility here, the way I reacted to their reaction was wrong. But the bullies are also to blame. My life was literally ruined, because of the way people in my environment treated me because of my weight. It is only now at 21 that i am starting to get over the trauma and pick myself up. I will never forget the way i was treated though, living through pain makes you wiser.