Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 05:59
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanGypsy
With due respect, I don't think Lynda was blaming her obesity on anyone... merely commenting that the cruely and ignorance of others can be very emotionally damaging.

Much as your approach (I grew up in a town with enough new-agers and "therapists" to recognise the pattern of speech!) may work for you, it seems a little unfair to make assumptions about how others feel... especially given your earlier post about walking in another's shoes. To judge another's emotions so swiftly seems somewhat harsh.

I'm sure you intended to come across more supportive than that though... The medium of text can all too often be misinterpreted!

Perhaps we should all move to Africa or Greenland where fat is considered positively desirable?!

Thank you for that response you said exactly what I meant!!
I dont blame anybody for being obese, that was my own doing, I ate the food that made me that way!!
But what I do blame are the people with there cruel taunts nasty actions, spitting and throwing drinks,food etc at you. because I am fat did I deserve to be treated this way NO!! I am undergoing councilling due to bullying which stared at school and countinued through into my adult life!!
So I am sorry Redhead if youy think I am wrong to blame these people but belive me, fat I may have been but underneath it all I was still human with feelings!!