View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 23:22

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Mizzourah, more power to your rant! I think a lot of us who poo-poo LC products on induction are just trying to safeguard others from making mistakes. When going off induction by book, you subject yourself to problems you might not face if you follow it to the letter. If you don't lose weight or feel better, you can't blame Atkins, because you adjusted Atkins to fit yourself. While that can be great if done, as you wisely put it, responsibly, it can also be a breeding ground for disaster.

Of course Atkins induction is NOT the only LC diet that works! Protein Power starts at 30g including high fiber items and works great. I'm sure a lot of people would lose on Atkins OWL without doing induction at all, as well. To each his own.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find a lot of great information... I've found it so helpful to understand the science, differences in metabolisms, psychologies, cravings, willpower, supplements, etc. Plus, it's always nice to get support and, of course, recipes. Hope this time around LC you become a lifer, it's worth it.