View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-01, 12:01

Plan: aktins
Stats: 216/194/145
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile vitamins

Many thanks for the information on Cal/Mag supplements, I have not been taking any other than what is in the multivitamins I normally take. I will look for and add the combined one.
Yes, I am eating either a protein snack in the afternoon, or a drinking protein powder shake - this seems to help quite alot. I think my main issue now is that I really have never really liked vegetables (other than the starchy ones) so I am experimenting with several different ones to see how I like them prepared. I do love broccoli, green beans, and any kind of squash, however I am becoming tired of them.
It is just wonderful to have this support! I can't tell you how important it has been to me especially on those days when I have been in a real slump and wondered whether or not I was doing the right thing. I live in a very small town and all my friends think I have lost my mind going on the Aktins plan, they keep telling me I will hurt my body, or drop dead if I don't have more carbs (they are all overweight too). I just get on line and read all the posted messages from other low carbers and it gives me the lift I need to keep sticking with it!! Thanks!!