Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 12:37
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka

Please do your research. And if you are a carb addict, and you know you're a carb addict, stay very far away from this, it's not for you.

-Nat

Amen. In DANDR, Dr. Atkins gives 3 different types of people this diet could be for. Type B. and C. responders. Both of which would probably suffer bad results from this "refeed" concept. Type C's would be the most likely to use this as an excuse. Type B's, would react badly to the old poison flowing through the body again.
Dr. Atkins, God bless him, has left us with clear instructions.
Also, think of it like this. If induction, (which basically switches your body from a carb burning state to a fat burning state while it levels out your blood sugar: ketosis) works to accomplish the basis for your new WOE, why would you decide to go against the basic principle of the diet?

My suggestion to anyone is get DANDR on audio cassette and listen to it as much as you can ..over and over. I listen to the side A of tape 1 almost daily for a recharge/reminder of what a wonderful solution I have found to my problem. The more you listen, the more it makes sense and the more "technical" side of how it works, eventually sinks in.