#3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-01, 21:22
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Red face skipping meals

From personal experience, I can also state that skipping meals leads to overeating when you finally DO get around to having something to eat. I find that I'm so hungry, I eat quickly, much more so than usual. And it's been proven that the appestat will register "satisfied" after 20 minutes regardless of the amount consumed - meaning if you snarf down the entire contents of the fridge in less than 20 minutes, yer brain isn't going to be any more satiated than if you'd dined with more restraint.

I'm trying to locate an article I read recently that showed if you must skip a meal, LUNCH is easiest on the body to miss, in terms of insulin, blood sugar and metabolism. But it does recommend eating a protein-containing breakfast (or brunch) within 2 hours of rising.

I sometimes skip breakfast, and I use the excuse, "oh, I can't face food in the morning" however I am capable of committing a crime if I don't have my coffee!! .. .. But, I have to confess, the real reason is usually that I am too tired or not feeling well, or too LAZY to take the time to cook something. Throwing some Cheerios in a bowl and dumping milk on it was so easy. Bacon and eggs take time, and make for more dishes to wash. I tell you, this lowcarbing business would be a whole lot easier if I had a maid!

Just my opinion of course.

Doreen

[Edited by doreen T on 07-01-01 at 17:11]