#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:35
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Angry Snide, skinny nurse...

Yesterday, I was having a nice lunch with my buddy and her sister-in-law, the county health nurse. She had another nurse with her (the skinny, evil, one!)

Nurse #1 and I were having a lively discussion about Atkins recipes. She and several of her family just started, and she was asking for hints, recipes, etc. so she could cook the meals they can eat together.

Skinny nurse must have felt left out, because she looks at her watch and announces.."I can't believe you can talk about a diet for this long!! I just EAT. It's simple to ME."

<jawdrop> Wellllll ex-cuuuuuuuse us!

My friend (who has many weight-related health issues, but thinks Atkins or ANY low-carb is "too hard" or "a gimmick") had a good laugh. They both smugly munched their toast for their individual reasons...

You know, if they were bored, they could have discussed the virtues of belittling the efforts of others..<sheesh>

It's not like it was ALL we would talk about. The conversation was varied, about ALL the "girl stuff" going on with us, not JUST Atkins. I know a zealot can be boring no matter WHAT they're rambling on about.
Sponsored Links