View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 08:54

Plan: General
Stats: 185/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:you kidding me?
Progress: 60%

I'm right with ya baby!

I am loathe to throw anything away that has some use. I freeze leftovers religiously. I use butter wrappers to grease pans. I have tiny fragments of cheese in ziploc baggies, and unless they turn green, I use 'em. Leftover veggies from meals get frozen to make soup later. I just pour them in layer by layer into a plastic Glad container until its full and then make a big soup pot. Same with chicken/beef/pork broth when I boil anything up. I almost never make treats for the same reason as you, too expensive! If I do, you can bet that if the leftovers can be frozen, they will be. If there's leftover pasta/rice when I make spaghetti, it gets frozen and then chopped up and added to the above soup (for the kids). If there's leftever chili, it's frozen and thawed out next time and added to the pot, or used in burritos on another day. If we have pork chops for a meal and one of my girls doesn't eat a whole chop, I won't let her throw it away. Into a container it goes, and I practically scrape the bone to get all the meat off. Then I'll put it in a salad the next day. Not a speck goes to waste! Big honker turkey breasts and hams get eaten off of 5 times until they're all gone. Turkey salad, turkey soup, ham casseroles, you name it, but I'm NOT throwing it away!

Heehee, move over Banger Sisters, we could be the "frugal sisters"!