View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 21:45

Plan: don't know yet
Stats: 208/195/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Reason for weight gain?

My biggest fear is gaining more weight. I have quit smoking before for short periods of time. The last time or two, although I had incredible urges for cigs, I recognized that my urges to eat were to fill the cravings the cig left, and that there was NOTHING I could EAT that would fill that craving. So I didn't eat to fill it. However, I couldn't stop smoking long enough to find out the effects of gaining weight.

Reason I'm bringing this up is because I have read that there was some research done on the subject of quitting smoking and gaining weight. They concluded that women have a harder time quitting smoking and they gain weight because of chemical or hormonal differences. To me this means its not so much a matter of whether you eat to fill that nicotine craving, as ... I'm going to gain weight simply because of my chemical constitution.

Has anyone out there NOT tried to fill that empty nicotine craving with eating? Did you still gain weight? Just wondering if there is any way to avoid this weight gain.
Sponsored Links