Thread: Motivation
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-01, 03:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

You know all of those messages has something really helpful in them-thank you to you all. I am copying them and printing them out so I can't forget.

It is true that having this goal, my holiday, has had the opposite effect. Isn't that weird?? I never thought about that before but it is true -external motivations put the pressure on almost in the same way as trying to lose weight, stop smoking, or whatever for someone else, which never ever works. Having only two, then one week to go has made me think 'to hell with it-I am not going to make it!' and I have been eating chocolate bars at work and that on top of my lovely bacon and egg breakfast.

Also you are right losing weight has to be a longer term goal-for myself. I agree Jim with your idea of eating normally (can I remember how!!?) until after the holiday. So thanks all and I am going to think about this quietly and write up my goals and the reasons for them . Actually one reason I am not doing an on line journal is because I do not want external pressures.