View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 08:01

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Unhappy no weight loss after inital induction

I'm 45 yrs old and been on Atkins several times over the past 4 years. Been off Atkins for over a year and bloomed to 250 pds.

I did great on my first 3 wks of Induction. Lost about 15 pds. Stayed on Induction, but quit losing weight (lose, gain, lose, gain a couple of pds). I read the posts about carb uploading and caved in to the idea one too many times. Also upped my carbs to 35-50 by adding fruit. My cravings came back and I fell right off the wagon.

Has anyone else lost a lot for the first few weeks and then really experienced little/no loss after that. Realistically, I'm not going to want to live on Induction for the rest of my life. I love and hate Atkins at the same time. I love it because I really do feel better. I hate it because I want to eat all the foods I can't have while on it.

Help me overcome or understand why I lose at first and then quit losing after a few weeks. What can I do to overcome this.

I've read years ago, for some people Atkins ceases to quit helping you to lose weight if you go on and off too many times. Is this true????
Sponsored Links