#8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 07:37

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild
you are not me, and you have no idea what kind of shape I was in when I was running and limiting calories-you are going by what you are reading not something you have tried to do, so when you get actual experience yourself you can comment.You have no right to judge what I did and to in effect judge me.
I am sorry you feel judged, but I cannot do anything about how you feel. Of course I am reacting to what I read - what esle is one supposed to do when one reads posts on a forum? As for my personal experiences, we have a case of the pot calling the kettle black here, wouldn't you say? I was replying to information that, as stated, is misleading, and I said so in my first sentence. I am sorry you are so offended.

Quote:
How do you make sure your metabolism is in good 'shape'? Exercise, the more you do the better your metabolism will be.
How do you increase your metabolism by 10%? Eat smaller meals more frequently, no large ones and make sure to eat breakfast.
You have to do specific exercise, actually. Resistance work with enough weight to cause muscle growth, and if you're doing cardio, it must be HIIT- otherwise you are simply creating a calorie deficit and not increasing RMR. You can also drink green tea - it will raise metabolism by 4%. While we're at it, you can take up smoking - but that isn't something I would recommended. Just as eating 900 calories is not something I would recommended. I am simply stating facts - not making judgement calls.

Quote:
Again, do not make assumptions about what I did when I was losing at 900 a day because of things you have read about metabolism.
I was making statements based on the facts, as you stated them. You exercised 5 days a week and you ate 900 calories. Very Low Calorie Diets have you eating between 600-800 calories a day, pretty close to 900 calories minus exercise minutes. VLCD are notorious for lowering metaoblism, muscle wasting and rebound weight gain.

Quote:
Best way to make weight loss stick? Exercise 5 days a week at something that will challenge your body and get your heart rate up.
I beg to differ. The best way to make fat loss stick is to change your eating habits for good. The results you get from any exercise plan are 70-80% derived from the food you eat, the actual exercise part isn't as important as the fuel you feed your body. This isn't to say that exercise is not important, it is.

Woo, best advice is to slowly increase calories - don't be stuffing yourself to reach a calorie number. Eat more meals, eat smaller meals and eat more pure fat. And don't stress either Stress is a nasty thing and you want to avoid it as much as possible!

-Nat