View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 06:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/248/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I took off about 18 months from this way of live after being faithful from May 1999 through June of 2000 and losing 100 pounds! I had some stress and simply decided I had lost weight, I was sure I wouldn't overeat like I did before, and heck I like bread I was down to 210 I should have some. Well from June of 2001 through the middle of 2002 I managed to gain back almost 70 pounds!! Last August 28th, almost exactly a year ago, I joined weight watchers, I just couldn't stand the thought of losing bread again. I lost 15 pounds on WW between August and April 2003, but it was a constant struggle and I was unhappy, and felt starved 1/2 the time, so May 1, I decided I had to come back to the only way of life that way successful to me and made me feel ok. I have lost 20 pounds since May, much slower than the first time I ever tried, but still more successful than anything else. And I feel so much better, I don't count carbs, I have done all that and know what I should and shouldn't eat, I use the stix if I think to, but not all the time like I did the first time. It took me a long time to learn that this wasn't really a diet but a way of life for me. I am slowly getting back in shape (of course as the weight came back on my activity slowed down, it is truly a vicous circle), and I do feel so much better. I am obviously still fat, but I can tell a difference and that provides motiviation to make the difference bigger, and the fact that I feel full, and have more energy simply makes life easier.

Good luck to you, and be smarter than me, keep going, you will feel better, and you won't have to lose the weight again!

Susan