View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 06:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/248/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Well, I give you credit for being honest, I am out of touch a bit at 39 and happily married for 16 years. And I agree with the post above, if not this girl if you losing the weight will increase your self esteem go for it as there will be another pretty girl out there who won't know about the previously fat you. But, for that to be true make sure you are losing it for you, or you can watch it all come back.

Secondly, I would again ask the question someond did earlier in the post, are you working out?? Girls can be superficial as well, I will be the first to admit I went out with my husband the first time (I was in college, he worked construction and I met him at a pizza place, not exactly the kind of guy my soriety sisters were looking at) because when I saw him all I saw was big arm muscles, that looked like they could give great hugs, a broad back, great tan and a pleasant smile. I truly expected to date him, and just have fun nothing more. I wanted that football player physicque! Somewhere along the way the relationship changed, but I wouldn't have given him a second glance had it not been for the muscles or the smile. So good luck, get exercise even if you don't lose the 70 pounds right away, you can easily lose inches in the process and compensate for some of the extra weight by toning up. The real question is are you willing to work that hard, you said you would do anything, does that include eating healthy on plan so you have the energy to work out, and then actually working out???