View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 20:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

I've been doing this since the beginning of May. Lost 49 lbs. I track everything in fitday and I also weigh and measure my food. I like knowing what my numbers are, not only my carbs, but calories and fiber too.

Also, it's a good tool if you have a stall or something - you can go back and analyze what you did differently that needs to be changed. Also, I think it's important so that you do not accidently go over because you underestimate what you're really consuming.

As for motivation, I find myself looking at my reflection whenever I can... in the frozen food aisle at the grocery, at the gym; I also love wearing the clothes I bought a few weeks ago that are now big on me. I also feel great.

Success brings its own motivation. That's why I think it's very important in the beginning to really stick to the plan as DrA wrote it, and honestly know what you're consuming, because I think that in the vast majority of people, that will bring quick weight loss, that will encourage them to continue. And as he said, exercise is not negotiable. I do it at least 4x a week. cardio and weights.

3 months ago, I NEVER NEVER EVER would had said I'd be at ~ 50 lbs lost in 3 months. That keeps me going.

I don't use the strips.